Obtaining Investment Assistance for New Planting/Re-planting of EACs
Who can apply: Farmers or any individual who willing to grow Cinnamon, Pepper, Coffee, Cocoa, Cardamom, Clove, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Lemon Grass and Citronella
Assistance Provided by the DEA
- Required No. of certified planting materials of Nutmeg, clove, cardamom, cocoa, Cinnamon, Pepper, coffee, and citronella at free of charge
- Technical advice and training for cultivation and crop management
Department Contribution for Planting Materials
(The circulars will be updated soon)
1. Minimum eligible land extent – 0.1 ha (1/4 Ac.)
2. Deed of the Land should be produced to prove the ownership of the land.
3. Suitable land, soil, elevation and environment condition for relevant crop
- Must submit an application to Extension officer (on Wednesdays 8.30 a.m – 4.15 p.m at the nearest Agrarian Service Centre) or to the District Deputy/Assistant Director (development) on any office day at 8.30 a.m – 4.15 p.m.
- Applications can be downloaded from here.
Fees Payable to Obtain Services:
Technical advices and training : free of charge
1. Nutmeg, clove, cardamom, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Pepper, coffee and citronella plants up to 5 acres :- free of charge
How to Provide the Service:
Extension Officer of the area will personally inspect the applicant’s land and if eligibility criteria are fulfilled the land will be registered with the scheme. Extension officer will personally advise on basic land preparation activities and cultivation of the relevant crop.
Certified planting materials will be issued from a department or registered nursery after completion of land preparation. Extension officer of the range will advice the farmer visiting to the land after 3,12,18,24 months of planting.
Time taken to provide the Service:
2 days to 3 months after the application received
Extension Officer of the Area (based at the nearest Ag. Service Centre) Deputy/Assistant Director of DEA to the relevant district.